Springfield, Massachusetts –An explosion that destroyed a strip club and injured 21 people including firefighters was blamed on human error. The worker was sent to the building in response to a report of a gas odor. The markings on the sidewalk where incorrect as to where the line was located and as a result the worker punctured a hole in a high-pressure gas line at the foundation of the building. Right away the worker called the gas company and the fire department, and the building was evacuated. But gas leaked from the pipe and later ignited. The explosion occurred on Friday at 5:25 p.m. Twelve firefighters, four gas company employees , two police officers, a municipal water and sewer department employee and two civilians were injured. People could feel the blast up to 10 miles away. Twelve buildings suffered significant damage and twelve more had incidental damage. If you have had a loved one become injured in an explosion, contact a Springfield personal injury attorney to review your case.